[Healeys] PCV queries

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] PCV queries
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:14:46 -0000
Am thinking of installing a PCV, but have a couple of issues:-

1)      Is it worth installing a PCV if the car has not been fitted with a
crankshaft oilseal kit?

2)      How does one get the blanking plug out of the inlet manifold. I have
a MkII BT7 so am talking about the round slotted plug in the front manifold.
I'm pretty sure the manifolds are aluminium so I worry that it might crack
if I put too much torque through the plug. At the moment it seems welded in!

3)      Do the gurus think the job might go easier with the engine hot? I'm
thinking about the relative expansions of the iron plug and the aluminium
manifold.....

Thanks,

Simon.