Re: [Healeys] Rotting crevasses

To: scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rotting crevasses
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:09:49 +0800
Scott -

If you are driving your car regularly, you will not have problems with your
crevasses.  Everytime you take the car out it heats up, and helps evaporate
any standing water.  The trick is to drive the car all the time.  If you
drive through a heavy downpour, be sure to drive it within a few days after
the sun comes out.  I do this all the time in rainy Hong Kong and it helps
keep the car nice and relatively rust free.

It also helps to jack the car up every few months and spot cover any rust
spots with etching primer.  You do this long enough the car will be rather
rust proof.

Best,

Alan