Re: [Healeys] Rotting crevasses

To: scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rotting crevasses
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:30:06 +1300
Hi Scott,
Interesting question. IMHO a little rain will probably not cause any
serious deterioation. I'm presently in New Zealand where I own a 1984 Honda
Civic that we use every year when we come down here.
The part of N.Z. that this car spent much of its life is Dunedin where I
was brought up. Dunedin gets a lot of rainy days, not a lot of rain but
many many days of the year with wet roads. My Civic has not a speck of rust
anywhere, I  had it in for an inspection a couple of days back and the
underside looks to all intents and purposes as though the car just left the
factory!!!
It is road salt that causes the problems and I'm sure that many listers
from the left coast will confirm that original west coast cars are much the
same.
Unless you intend to drive the car on icy roads I would not worry.
Don't sweat it...drive and enjoy.

--
Michael Salter

        Check My Blog