Re: [Healeys] side curtain pouch

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] side curtain pouch
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:49:05 -0500
Peter,
Perhaps a nice elongated hole with the edge bound so that the bracket
could stick through the hole and then it could be snapped easily, as
long as we are not being original in design.
I believe that I can snap my Moss supplied one, but it doesn't fit
correctly because of the bracket interference.
Charlie

On 1/31/2012 1:37 PM, Peter Svilans wrote:
> Charlie
>
> That's been a real head-scratcher for me as well.  I've collected a number of
> original sidescreen bags, always in the hope that all the previous ones have
> shrunk, and that the new one will magically fit.
>
> But no.  You can push the screens up in as tight as they will go, and you can
> usually just barely do up the front snap.  But the rear snap has the two
> portions always 1 1/4" too far apart.
>
> The situation can be corrected, of course, by moving the male portion of the
> snap down to fit and filling the hole with an invisible vinyl repair.  (Or by
> buying a new bag, as has been said.)   But if just the press-snap fastener is
> being changed, don't forget that the typical snaps one gets at a trim shop
> now- while the caps look the same- are not the same as the glove-snap that was
> used originally, and you'd have to replace both halves.   Also, if your wife
> is sewing these up, remember that the three vinyl sheets are not just laid up
> flat together and sewn around. The individual pieces were always shifted
> slightly inward, or "bunched up", to create a built-in fullness, before the
> edges were sewn.
>
> Thousands of cars produced, yet no none picked up on that rear fastener.    It
> will probably remain a mystery for the ages.
>
> Peter
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/mgcharlie@comcast.net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]