[Healeys] Correction on the BJ8 console question

Subject: [Healeys] Correction on the BJ8 console question
From: kags at shaw.ca (Earl Kagna)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:00:02 -0800
Stephen:  I recently did this on my BJ8.  I wound up breaking one of the
split pins on the radio grille surround in spite of being very careful when
removing it.  (this is called the 'speaker fret' in the factory parts book).
In addition, the speaker grille part had seen better days (this is called
the 'fret - speaker' in the book).  I simply replaced both parts.  The new
bits were excellent - I have seen some that were crap.  I sourced them from
Bob Yule at Autofarm in Ontario.  They were not horribly expensive.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb