[Healeys] PCV valve. that plug on the inlet..

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] PCV valve. that plug on the inlet..
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:37:40 -0000
After all the toing and froing re the slotted 5/8in plug(?) on the front
inlet manifold on a MkII tricarb and for the record:-

It is indeed 5/8in. It is 18tpi. UNF.

I was surprised at it being UNF but there's no doubt at all.

I had to drill 99% of the old one out then beast the remainder with a cold
chisel. Had to take a lot out. Main issue was to be drilling precisely on
the vertical and on the centre so as not to drill off thread on one side
while other side was still immovably welded on.

Have got a bolt & will make a new plug, drill it, tap it and stick the hose
adaptor in it.

Hope it'll be worth all the trouble!

Thank you everyone for your help.

Simon