[Healeys] PCV moves on to thread query..

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] PCV moves on to thread query..
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:27:40 -0000
As I said, I have the wretched plug out of the front inlet on my tricarb. It
is 5/8in and I have a bolt from which I can fashion another plug, into which
I shall tap a thread to take a male pipe connector to take the 3/8in (ID)
pipe from the PCV valve.

It seems to me that my plug at 5/8in is bigger than the ones to be found on
the twin carb models. Are they 3/8in? I suppose they are because the
suggested male pipe connector in all the Healey literature/articles that I
find is a "Brass Tite 43075". This apparently screws right in. See:-

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-17773-43075.aspx

Its details, as shown on the site, are:-

Type :

Male Connector - Inverted Flare

Hose Size (ID) :

3/8"

Thread/Tube Size :

3/8" Tube

Brand :

Dorman - AutoGrade - Brass-Tite!

The thread size (3/8" Tube) must have another name/British equivalent as the
part seemingly screws right into an old British car??

I shall almost certainly need to buy a tap and I'll need to know precisely
what to ask for.

As my plug was 5/8UNF, is this one 3/8UNF?? Or what.....................?

Hope I've made myself clear?

Thanks,

Simon