Re: [Healeys] Exhaust flange gaskets

To: varley@cosmos.net.au
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Exhaust flange gaskets
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:07:18 +0100
You can easily make pure copper gaskets from say 2mm thick copper plate.
Heat them until cherry read and let cool down.
Make sure the manifold flanges are machined perfectly flat and in line,
also check the surface on the head for trueness and cleanliness then fit
together using nothing in between or only the slightest smear of high
temp sealant. Use the largest thick washers possible under the nuts to
spread the load where possible.
Kees Oudesluijs