[Healeys] overdrive questions

Subject: [Healeys] overdrive questions
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 21:07:07 -0500 (EST)
I recently removed the cover on the side of the overdrive to adjust the
solenoid lever & found about 1/4" of oil inside the housing. I presume it is
leaking past the o-ring on the shaft. The overdrive was rebuilt about three
years ago & this is the first time I have looked inside the cover. Do you
think this is a normal amount of leakage or while I have the tunnel off should
I remove the solenoid housing & replace the o-ring? It appears that the
solenoid housing can be removed with the OD in place.
Gary Hodson