[Healeys] Flame Arrestor for BN4 Vacuum Line?

Subject: [Healeys] Flame Arrestor for BN4 Vacuum Line?
From: richchrysler at quickclic.net (Rich Chrysler)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:53:22 -0400
Hello all,

I'm in the process of building a very early Longbridge BN4, in fact it's
consecutive Body number 326, built 25 October, 1956.

There were a lot of pieces missing from this car when I found it so I've
been hunting down many of the missing parts. I have been lead to believe
that the early cars were fitted with a small "flame arrestor", a bulb shaped
piece in the vacuum line between inlet manifold and distributor vacuum unit.
To see what this unit looks like, refer to Moss MGA listings Part Number
163-620.

I cannot find any record of this item in even the earliest BN4 Spare parts
book, nor any mention of it in any of the workshop manuals.

Does anybody else have positive confirmed knowledge that this flame arrestor
fitting should be there?

Rich Chrysler