[Healeys] Flame Arrestor for BN4 Vacuum Line?

Subject: [Healeys] Flame Arrestor for BN4 Vacuum Line?
From: cnaarndt at gmail.com (Curt/Nancy Arndt)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:10:11 -0700
Rich,

You should already have these photos, but here are the pictures from my
neighbors extremely original, NO RUST, NO ACCIDENT DAMAGE,  BN4 body number
374.

BTW the car sold overseas recently.  We couldn't find a buyer in the US
interested at $25K.

Cheers,

Curt

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Rich Chrysler
<richchrysler at quickclic.net>wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I'm in the process of building a very early Longbridge BN4, in fact it's
> consecutive Body number 326, built 25 October, 1956.
>

> There were a lot of pieces missing from this car when I found it so I've
> been hunting down many of the missing parts. I have been lead to believe
> that the early cars were fitted with a small "flame arrestor", a bulb
> shaped
> piece in the vacuum line between inlet manifold and distributor vacuum
> unit.
> To see what this unit looks like, refer to Moss MGA listings Part Number
> 163-620.
>
> I cannot find any record of this item in even the earliest BN4 Spare parts
> book, nor any mention of it in any of the workshop manuals.
>

> Does anybody else have positive confirmed knowledge that this flame
> arrestor
> fitting should be there?
>

> Rich Chrysler
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: