[Healeys] Squeak at speed?

Subject: [Healeys] Squeak at speed?
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 06:26:56 -0700
re: "...tighten the hub castle nut one or two flats. "

... which I failed to do sufficiently one time and 'spun' the large, keyed
flatwasher under the castellated nut.
Produced a very loud 'skreech' until the washer turned about 45deg and embedded
itself into the threads of the axle shaft.

Fortunately, the sound went away after the washer stopped turning and it was
otherwise OK for the 3K mile trip.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net