[Healeys] Tacho not working

Subject: [Healeys] Tacho not working
From: derek.c.job at gmail.com (Derek Job)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:11:50 +0100
Hi all

Have an issue with the tacho on the car I'm selling. When I bought the car
2 years ago the tacho was working fine. I didn't get to spend much time
with the car but when I finally did I noticed the tacho cable was wrongly
routed which made it very tight and possibly stretching it. I re-routed the
cable and it was working fine.

About two months ago when I got the car to my house I noticed it was
sticking at 2000 revs sometimes at 3000, anyway not moving freely. I
checked all connections, lubricated and I tested it using a drill attached
the cable but that procedure never got it to move even a tiny bit. When I
reconnected it to the engine it did at least move but got stuck again.
Decided to buy a new cable assuming old one might have been damaged with
stretching etc. Connected it yesterday and nothing, not even the tiniest
movement. At least it moved with the old cable.

Any ideas? Is it time the tacho was serviced?

cheers

Derek