[Healeys] Tires Again

Subject: [Healeys] Tires Again
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 20:20:32 -0700
Best price I found on Vredestein 185/70-15s was from Euro Tire in NJ
(www.eurotire.com), thanks to a tip from a
Lister.   They were $119ea and even with a little over $30ea shipping to CA
they beat the package from Summit advertised
on eBay--with 'free' shipping--by over $85 total.  They were supposedly
manufactured this year.

I mentioned to the guy at Euro that Vreds are, realistically, the only choice
in this and other sizes (Avons, Dunlops
and Michelin are very expensive if they can be found at all).   I mentioned
that we'll basically be screwed for tires if
Vredestein ever quits the business; the guy at Euro said the managing director
at Vredestein is a 'Healey Guy.'  That
probably explains the red BJ8 on their brochures.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net