[Healeys] Adjusting tension steering box

Subject: [Healeys] Adjusting tension steering box
From: Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com (Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:24:31 +0200
I have just rebuild the steering box of my 3000 MK2 BT7. In the centre
position it turns harder. This I learnt is by intension. But can anybody tell
me how much harder should it turn in the centre position? Now as I did it I
can really feel the harder movement for a quarter of a steering wheel turn
around the centre position. Is this too much tension on the adjusting screw?
Shall I release it a bit to have an easy turn also around the centre
position?
Who knows?

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany