Re: [Healeys] Memorial Day

To: "AH Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Memorial Day
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 18:54:49 -0700
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
"Memorial Day is a federal holiday observed annually in the United States on the last Monday of May.[1] Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.[2] Formerly known as Decoration Day, it originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union soldiers who died in the Civil War. By the 20th century Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died in all wars..."

(Wikipedia)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au> To: "'HealeyRick'" <healeyrick@yahoo.com>; "'richard mayor'" <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>; "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 6:18 PM

G'day

Two very important days.

I can see how Armistice Day (Nov 11th) could easily evolved into Veteran's
Day. Does the country observe a minute's silence at 11am on the 11th
November like they do here? Armistice Day is not a holiday in Australia.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia

 _____