Re: [Healeys] Brake master cylinder repair kit

To: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake master cylinder repair kit
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:37:07 +0200
Cc: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
An old fashioned parts shop may have a box of loose seals. I often visit
one and come away with a handful of seals and small parts sourced from
such a box to rebuild several (master) cylinders for just a couple of
Euro's. However make sure first that the bore is absolutely smooth, no
ridges, corrosion or marks are allowed. If there is any damage or wear
chuck it and replace with a new master cylinder.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl