Re: [Healeys] Steering wheel restoration

To: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering wheel restoration
From: HealeyRick <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
Michael,

Repairing the cracks is easy.  Getting them not to crack again is
hard.  I tried the repair using PC7 and it came out quite nice, but it cracked
again within a year.  The cracks need to be undercut in an upside down V to
give the epoxy something to stick to and I'm thinking I didn't make my "Vs"
wide enough.  I'd be interested in hearing if someone else had better luck.  I
just decided to call Mike Lempert.

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow