Re: [Healeys] Steering wheel restoration

To: <healey.nut@gmail.com>, <michaelsalter@gmail.com>, <healeys-bounces@autox.team.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering wheel restoration
From: Jim Lesher <cleona44@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 12:06:25 -0500
Has anyone used www.steeringwheelbob.com? He is located in NJ. He does
excellent work, but it is pricy
Best  of Luck - Jim

> To: michaelsalter@gmail.com; healeys-bounces@autox.team.net;
healeys@autox.team.net
> From: healey.nut@gmail.com
> Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 02:50:30 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering wheel restoration
>
> Michael -
>
> You may also with to consider steering wheel restoration services.  It's not
cheap but the results are pretty awesome.  I've used Pearlcraft in Australia,
they did a great job on my A90 steering wheel which had a coffee swirl color
on the rim.  Of course basic black should be cheaper, something to consider.
I think someone in the US also does this type of work.

<michaelsalter@gmail.com>wrote:

> > The Bluemel's 16.6" steering wheel on my very early BN1, although
> > structurally sound. is in poor condition. The rim is badly cracked and
> > faded with some fairly substantial hunks missing, very little of the
> > original coating on the hub remains however, fortunately, the chrome on
the
> > spokes is in excellent condition.
> > Repro wheels of this type are unavailable so I'm considering trying to
> > restore the one I have.
> > I see that Eastwood sells a "Steering Wheel Restoration"
kit<http://www.eastwood.com/complete-steering-wheel-restoration-kit.html>and
I'm considering starting there.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cleona44@hotmail.com