Re: [Healeys] Overdrive problem

To: "'Michael Salter'" <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive problem
From: "Neil Blackshire" <neilblackshire@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:18:50 +0100
Cc: Healeys@autox.team.net
Sorry , forgot the photo

De: Neil Blackshire [mailto:neilblackshire@gmail.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 08 de noviembre de 2012 13:09
Para: 'Michael Salter'
CC: 'Healeys@autox.team.net'
Asunto: RE: [Healeys] Overdrive problem

Hi Michael,

Finally got to trying to fix the overdrive. I want  to try to look at the
accumulator seals with the unit still in the car before taking everything
out and stripping down the whole unit. Here is a photo of where I am, the
piston moves smoothly in the bore.I have read the archives, the buckeye site
and utube, but I am not sure what to do next;, I have read that it is
difficult to get the piston back in to the bore so I am worried about
pulling the piston out, my fingers are small but theres not much room to
work in there. But how can I get the bore out without removing the piston.
Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any input.

Neil