Re: [Healeys] Cam and crank gear timing update

To: michaelsalter@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cam and crank gear timing update
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 18:17:37 -0500 (EST)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Mike,
Your description refers to #4 cylinder being at the end of the exhaust stroke
& at TDC both of #4's valves will be partially open.
But Bill's message refers to #4 cylinder being on the compression stroke &
neither of #4's valves are open.
In your scenario, we would be adjusting the valves on #1 cylinder. In Bill's
scenario we would be adjusting the valves on #4 cylinder.
I thought the discussion was about setting the cam timing!
Gary