Re: [Healeys] Knock-off Grease

To: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Knock-off Grease
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:00:36 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
I pound the snot out of the knockoffs with a heavy lead hammer. No problems
whatsoever with 100K+ miles on the same wheels. Don't know for a fact, but it's
plausible putting the wheel hub under compression keeps the knockoffs from
coming off.

Maybe there's a difference between the fine and coarse threaded hubs (the later
cars have coarse threaded hubs)?

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA