Re: [Healeys] Knock off grease

To: sbyers@ec.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Knock off grease
From: warthodson@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:27:25 -0500 (EST)
A friend recently had great difficulty removing two knock-offs. I don't think
he over tightened them & he definitely greased the threads as will as the
splines. They went on apparently normally. I am not sure what is wrong be
there must be some miss-match between the threads on the hubs & on the
knock-offs. The knock offs & the hubs were both repros, but tno necessarily
the same source. I agree, wheel bearing grease should be all that is
required.
Gary