Re: [Healeys] Chassis - Dipping vs Blasting

To: Mike Tobin <ahbt71@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Chassis - Dipping vs Blasting
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net> mail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 11:46:05 -0800
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
I had my frame and chassis dipped and primmed for $1,340 in northern
California in 2009. The results were good. However, you will get some
residual bleeding of the stripper and there are spots were it is hard
to paint, if at all. Aside from inside the frame members you will see
this in the small nooks and cranny's where the sheet metal and metal
members abut each other with very small gaps that are not completely welded.

John Spaur
San Jose, CA