Re: [Healeys] Discovery's - Engine Milestone and setback

To: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Discovery's - Engine Milestone and setback
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 09:24:10 +0800
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Hi John -

I was thinking if this is blow back from the #4 cam oil galley, it might
lessen over time as the cam bearings bed in (i.e. reducing back pressure).
 You might also want to check the #4 cam bearing and make sure the oil feed
holes are properly lined up.

I think using Hylomar blue or soft Hylomar should be enough to make up for
gaps on the backplate, maybe you just had a spot you missed somewhere.

Keep us posted on this.

Best,

Alan