Re: [Healeys] Transmission - rear shifter plunger

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission - rear shifter plunger
From: Per Schoerner <healeyguy@bredband.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:55:08 +0100
John
Last week I worked on a box with the "same" problem. The problem in this
case was that it was very hard to shift to reverse, and when it did it
was with a noisy click sound. You know, the design is that you need to
hit the gear lever slightly to get the bigger plunger to pass the
smaller. But in this case you needed to hit the lever too hard, at least
for my taste. I polished the plungers so that the surfaces were very
smooth, but it didn't help. I then tried with a spring for the smaller
plunger that was a little weaker than original, and results were good.

Per