Re: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 21:22:39 -0500
Cc: 'Forum Healeys' <Healeys@autox.team.net>
I didn't know it was customary to even ask that question.  And, If I have a
concern about whether a part is too costly, I will check several other
sources--not ask if he has a cheaper version.  When I go to what I believe to
be a quality supplier I believe they will sell me quality parts---not cheap
stuff.  If they want to play that game, then they should make an effort to give
us a choice---a quality part and a not so quality part.  Of course, doubt if
many can afford to do that.

Still can't imagine any quality supplier consciously stocking inferior parts
because he "believes" that is what most want.

What kicked off this discussion was the assertion that we get cheap parts
because that is what we want, a thought I cannot accept.  We all want the best
price we can get for a quality part, so shop around---don't settle for cheap.

tom

---- Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

Gotta ask, Tom, when you order parts do you always tell the vendor you want the
highest quality parts possible, and
price is of no concern?

Or, do you ask the price, and grumble a bit if you think it's 'out of line?'

Bob