Re: [Healeys] rubber exhaust mounts

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rubber exhaust mounts
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:42:21 -0800
I think the problem with the stock muffler hangers is inherent in the design.

I designed new muffler mounts for the BT7. They replace the front one
where the exhaust pipes meet the muffler and the back one where the
pipes hold up the muffler. They use the existing bolt holes and some
currently produced stock muffler hanger parts. However, one does have
to have portions of the metal hangers fabricated and a rod needs to
be welded to the muffler for the front hanger. They can be installed
and removed easily. Another benefit is the rear one can be removed
and the muffler will rotate downward while the front one is left in
place. I have not driven the car yet but I did start the car and they
did not fall off and there did not seem to be any undesirable vibration.

I will send some pictures to John Sim's in the next few days.

John, thank you for hosting all of the Healey information on your web site.

John Spaur
San Jose, CA
'62 BT7