Re: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts
From: David Lodge <emmgeeteecee@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 22:32:04 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: 'Forum Healeys' <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Hello Bob, Tom,

Surely this is the classic "chicken and the egg".  We want
the best quality parts but we don't want to pay very much, and how do you tell
what the quality is until you have the parts in your hand/tried them for fit,
etc.  If a supplier finds that a part isn't selling, he will drop the price or
offer free shipping or other inducement to to get rid of them, but I have to
say that if I come across a REALLY cheap part my immediate reaction is: why?
We all buy very much on trust - witness the current SC correspondence here -
as all the suppliers, especially in North America, are usually a long distance
away, and I have to say that even though I've just started on the restoration
of my BJ8, the quality of parts available compared to a couple of other cars I
happen to be involved with is very impressive indeed and there is rarely a
vast difference in price.  Something to do with the value of our cars I
suppose.  Just my two penn'orth.

Regards, Lodge

--- On Sun, 13/1/13, Tom

<tomfelts@windstream.net>