Re: [Healeys] Old Gas Stations

To: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Old Gas Stations
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:42:54 +0800
Cc: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Richard -

Good news!  Actually, the motors and nose are off the plane because they
are in the process of restoring the B-17 back to flying condition:

http://www.b17wingsoffreedom.org/

http://www.b17wingsoffreedom.org/about.htm

By the way, if any of you ever want to see the B-17 my dad flew, it is in
McMinnville Oregon sitting under the Spruce Goose.  My dad was
the operational commander and flight captain on the very last US
operational mission ever flown in a B-17 (in that very B-17) in 1961.  I
used to hitch rides on it when I was a kid in the 1960s, and got to fly in
it (probably for the last time) around 2000.

Cheers,

Alan