Re: [Healeys] 26.5mm Iridium plugs in AEC960 head - xpost

To: healeys@autox.team.net, Steve Gerow <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 26.5mm Iridium plugs in AEC960 head - xpost
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:17:25 -0800 (PST)
On Harley Davidson's which are also old technology, Iridium plugs are
recommended for the newer fuel injected bikes only.  Not sure why. On my carb
type engined Harley, the cheapest Ford spark plugs (sometimes 89 cents on
sale) work the best of any plug I have tried.  I would think, if you want to
go exotic, just a good platinum plug would suffice. IMHO
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5