[Healeys] BJ8 radiator cap issue

To: healey100m@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 radiator cap issue
From: Lou G <lgalper1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 23:10:41 +0000 (GMT)
I would try replacing the two caps and try again !

Lou
BN1
AN5

This is defying logic & thermodynamics. Congratulations!
Since in either case the temperature has not reached the atmospheric
boiling
point (I.E. 212 at standard conditions) neither cap is having any affect
on
the operating temp. As stated earlier, the pressure of the cap only
affects
the boiling point, not the water temp. I would try changing the
thermostat &
try the experiment again.
Gary Hodson

From: Randy Hicks Healey100M@gmail.com

b" Both are long neck

b" Neck of radiator is original

b" Never checked. With 180B: thermostat it reads 180B:, with 160B:, it
read
160B: (no longer use 160B:).

b" Original water temp gauge, NOS Smiths 180B: thermostat

Randy