[Healeys] New Project

To: pajtamuvek@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] New Project
From: Lou G <lgalper1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 23:04:31 +0000 (GMT)
Gergo,

I also have an xk120 undergoing some repairs.
I've had it about 2 yrs:
Fixed the brakes, radiator, fuel pump, front suspension, guages, cleaned
the fuel tank,
and it runs pretty good, except:
Gearbox shifting problems, so we sent it off to one of the experts last
week who claims to
make it like new.
Hopefully back on the road soon...

While my side shift  4 spd in the Healey works super smoothly, the Jag
Gearbox of the same era was
hard to work when new -awful-  you'll read reports from Stirling Moss
and others --many switch to a modern 5 spd.

We use the jag-lovers.org forum extensivly;  many vendors to choose
from, all the parts seem to cost more
than the Healey -- witness the $189. book that just came out.

BTW, last time we were at the XK's Unltd parts showroom in San Luis
Obispo, CA, they had a 100M on display.

Lou
55 BN1
54 xk120
59 AN5

Hi,

I have just collected my new project. Unfortunatly not a Healey this
time.
I was looking for a good 100/4 project now for 6 months, but nothing
realy
catching came in my way. And then came this Jag. Well, I have to confess
that I fell in love with it. After a bit of struggling, I bought it.
I am now desperatly looking for some help. I would like to make a
perfectly
original car if possible. If only any of You can advice me a forum club
or
people whom I can contact, please please let me know.

The car is a '58 XK150S OTS in a very poor condition - just as I like
them.

Thanks in advance:
Gergo