Re: [Healeys] New project

To: Richard Korn <cynicbass@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] New project
From: Austin Healey <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:08:20 +0100
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Although Jag labeling was not quite easy at the day, the "S" was a special
model with different chassis number/engine number layout. The "special
equipment" car was the "SE". The "SE" ment that the car has a set of extras
like the Deluxe level in the Healey world. The "S" was rather a racing
special with a completly special cylinder head, camshafts, 3 carbs, hi
compression pistons, cr gearbox, mostly with an overdrive. It also sported
a special set of final drives. The 3.8S was rather just a special order car
than a production vehicle. Some think that the factory was not sure wether
the chassis is strong enough to cope with the power. It was just a tad
below 300 horses.

Gergo