Re: [Healeys] Steel wheels again

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1367503594; bh=3MvVEz7dQEj4vjcOuf/qVMtFhBusuOqVuizEBoMJsvg=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Pd7pGynZJdCUhgR7tfkNca7ZEKpOtHmZlwn0qp/xJNNOydEeeelgdtLY0hQ0p02w9 nMMCDBv85OTxKaT6UURX4WqVDdVI6Lof2wfVJSmhKojl65eQMgjKdfFzR26WKYgMMu goft34jQXRA3yEV8BwMWYPhb7II0nNwBZO2LWVOp8vX4sgcoa8OvCFYk+ppfDIph/t /1dTA3RzrifpgMZ55V/DNRD+Xx8b9OjqBdOlYz33eOFtOm+UKo6bMoIivdRuKt48hF oJIGDOsVR4sv3hVP6vqAuPq/FkRnGjHpG4C3fzz1Vu4/pm7TQKU/3ZCtOKuA+ENZj9 8VmpFrcJNR63Q==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steel wheels again
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:06:34 +0000 (UTC)
I've used similar 'rust converters/encapsulators,' but they always turn any
rust black (they go on clear). They do a good job of sealing, though.

Most metal preps I've seen are a mild phosphoric acid, which creates a very
thin coat of iron phosphate on the surface (chemically, not a whole lot
different than anodizing). We used metal prep on the BN2 and, surprising to me,
it turned the steel parts a golden color.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA