Re: [Healeys] brake fluid

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] brake fluid
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 06:16:49 -0700
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
So a refractometer is what about $60?  A can of brake fluid is $3.
If I discard the can I have to throw away the equivalent of 20 full cans
before I hit the break even point.
Just saying
Rick
Sent from my iPhone

On May 15, 2013, at 5:17, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl> wrote:

> I wrote that you can keep the brake fluid for years and years if you make
sure the container is properly closed/sealed. Anyway I will always check with
a refractometer.
> If the top is loose you cannot use te contents after some time as it will
absorb moisture from the air. You would probably have to discard it after two
years, the same interval for changing your brake fluid in the car.