Re: [Healeys] Fuel

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel
From: Austin Healey <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 22:31:57 +0200
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
"Any data?"

If that was addressed to me, I have plenty of data. I always tune my
engines with wide band oxigen sensors, soo I can "see" the mixture, and
also can see what any alteration does. Thats why I say that with modern
gas, one should go for higher float level, and also richer idle mixture to
have a constant safe AFR. On my Healey, I had to limit the vacuum advance
also a bit as it was on the edge, and tended to missfire under engine
braking.
By tha way, 20 minutes of full load should not do much harm to a well built
engine. The same cannot be said for the owner if he is nearby...

Gergo