Re: [Healeys] Semantic Battles over Silly Things

To: "editorgary@aol.com" <editorgary@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Semantic Battles over Silly Things
From: "lists" <lists@brits-n-pieces.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2013 10:08:45 +0200
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Gary,

English is not my native language, but I dare to say that the thesis
"antifreeze doesn't raise the boiling point" is far from being a reasonable
interpretation of the definition "antifreeze in coolant does lower the freezing
point of the coolant".

It's readers like us who despair of editors like you who don't do correct
deductive reasoning (tongue-in-cheek).

Eric

It's journalists like us who despair of readers like you who don't read
carefully. Note that I made no claim of my credentials, scientific or
otherwise.
What I wrote was that "according to them [Road & Track], antifreeze doesn't
raise the boiling point."
Which is a reasonable interpretation, given that the definition noted that
antifreeze in coolant did lower the freezing point of the coolant.
G.

.