Re: [Healeys] 2" distance block

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2" distance block
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 22:25:44 +1000
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Tom,
When you replace your front suspension bushes, with original metalistic
bushes, in order to not destroy them before your tyre hits the ground, you set
a standard suspension height.
While your car is in the air...
By putting in a 2 inch block, to hold your shock arm at a standard height. For
a standard Healey. To simulate the height of the shock arm, at at standard
ride height, as defined in 1960 something.
Otherwise, you rip the rubber metalistic bush apart. Because it can't move
that far.
Of course, you have just explained your shock bushings are stuffed and broken.
Because they are 33 years old!!
;-)
And, in the Spirit of imperial measurement, NO ONE will entertain a metric
conversion of a historical imperial measurement, except that 50.8 mm sounds
like a made up measurement.
Ok?
;-)
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 17/06/2013, at 9:59 PM, Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net> wrote:

> I'm coming in late to this discussion.  I don't have a clue what you are
talking about re this 2" block of wood and what it prevents.  I have never
used one and I've jacked my BJ8 up MANY times in the last 33 years