Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Lubrication question

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Lubrication question
From: Greg <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 00:57:49 -0400
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
I use 20/50 Valvoline Racing oil as it has the requisite ZDDT, and straight 30
in the tranny fitted with OD. Both available at the local auto store.

Greg

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 18, 2013, at 4:20 AM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl> wrote:

> Best to use the recommended oil, 20W50 non synthetic,
Pennrite/Valvoline/Castrol/Millers/Duckhams/Comma/Kroon etc. in the engine and
if you have OverDrive also in the gearbox. In the gearbox you can also use
straight 30 oil. If you have bronze synchro-rings in the gearbox do not use EP
oil as they usually contain Cl or Ph based dopes that may effect bronze/brass
which is also present in ODs.
> Never use oil with teflon in any engine or gearbox, most certainly not in an
OD or limited slip differential. Also graphite or MS in the oil is a nono with
OD and limited slip. These substances reduce the friction necesary in
synchrohubs and OD clutch.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

>> -----
>> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
>> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
>> Versie: 2013.0.3345 / Virusdatabase: 3199/6418 - datum van uitgifte:
06/17/13

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/gmandas@yahoo.com