Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Lubrication question

To: gturl@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Lubrication question
From: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 07:44:36 +0100
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Geoff

The simplest solution is to go with a good 20/50 'Classic' oil. Millers,
Castrol, Penrite etc. The old engines need the higher viscosity and a 5/50
synthetic isn't really suitable. You can use the same oil in the gearbox as
a non-detergent oil is best for the overdrive. 'Modern' oils have
detergents which suspend small particles that can interfere with the o/d.

Derek