Re: [Healeys] Braking revisited

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Braking revisited
From: Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 06:57:21 -0400
Keith,  Kees replied and I think he is correct. I have been able to replace
the gasket but have not been able to find a non return or "check valve"
locally. I did splice in the check valve from my old original servo and it did
not help. Just made the pedal heavier. It however could be faulty also.
Strange that the blue plastic one in question on the current booster, blue
plastic, is straight through with no apparent restriction. Makes me think if
there was a restrictor of sorts on the inserted end and it fell out inside the
can of the booster?Warren   67 BJ8

"It is probably the non-return valve in the servo (to which the vacuum
hose is attached) which is at fault. This can be fairly easily be replaced."
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/llennep@verizon.net