[Healeys] Overdrive and RPM

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive and RPM
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:20:38 -0700
I searched the archives and could not find any posts to help me.

Driving in gear at 3100 RPM with the overdrive engaged, the tach will
drop about 1000 RPM when I take my foot off the accelerator. When I
put my foot back on the accelerator it is the RPM comes slowly up 3100.

When I do the same thing with the OD disengaged, the tack will show
very little decrease in RPM's. When I press on the accelerator the
RPM's come back to 3100 very quickly.

What might be causing the RPM drop with the OD engaged?

John Spaur
'62 BT7