Re: [Healeys] Need main bearing rear cap

To: coudesluijs@chello.nl, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Need main bearing rear cap
From: "rrengineer.mike" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 19:39:26 -0700
Line boring might work, but you will be lucky to find a main bearing cap that
lines up with the original line bore close enough so you only have to do a
cleanup line bore. B It may have been bored originally pretty far off radial
wise or to the left or right of the horizontal. B My restorer friend used to
have a box full of extra main caps that he picked from to find one close enough
to work. B Even that did not always work. I wish you luck.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5