Re: [Healeys] running lights

To: Curtis Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] running lights
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:53:22 -0400
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
I think what Carl is getting at is that he would like some way to ensure
that he would not forget to turn the headlights on or perhaps off!!
My daily driver (summer) is a '67 Cooper S and I used to get admonished
regularly for driving on our windy country road with my headlights not on.
To solve the problem I removed the brown supply wire from the lighting
switch and ran a wire from the white #2 terminal of the ignition switch to
that lighting switch terminal. That way the lights come on with the
ignition, when I leave the headlight switch turned on and, more
importantly, go off when I turn the engine off.
I was concerned that the ignition switch, which is the same as that in a
BJ8, would not be able to handle the load but, touch wood, no problems yet.

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
Michael Salter