[Healeys] Weber question

Subject: [Healeys] Weber question
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 21:40:57 -0800
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
I've not even finished building my engine yet (15 years on...)

I was wondering about Weber Carbs for a street driver Healey and about the
45DCOE being used for all the kits and such.

Weber recommends a 40 DCOE and supplies them with 32mm chokes for many very
successful 2 liter cars. That's a 40mm carb with 32mm choke for each 500 cc
chamber.  Why then would a Healey need a 45 with a 35mm choke?

Am I going to be ok for my moderately-built 3 liter Healey using the 40 DCOE
with 32mm chokes?

Thanks,