Re: [Healeys] 123ignition...........good or bad?

To: "Oudesluys" <coudesluijs@chello.nl>, dayton21@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 123ignition...........good or bad?
From: "lists" <lists@brits-n-pieces.com>
Date: 19 Dec 2013 08:21:03 +0100
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Kees is absolutely correct! Moreover you can play with the ignition advance
while the car is running, making a dyno unnecessary when you don't take tuning
your engine too seriously.

But, we've found a small glitch in the 123 systems which made our life really
hard for some time and has kept us scratching our heads for months. Some of our
customers experienced a strange behavior when idling and at high revs. Mid
range was ok. When idling the advance tended to jump around 10 - 15 degrees
making the revs go up and down. When driving with high revs the engine began to
sputter. We developed a little box that we call 'Big Fat Spark'. The name says
it all.

For more info and the reason behind the misbehavior (and the solution to it)
I'd like to point you to one of our websites, which saves me a lot of typing
and should not be regarded to as promotion (which it is in fact).

Enjoy reading: http://www.big-fat-spark.com/bfs-eng.html

Eric

So far I have only heard positive news of their latest. The old 123
Ignition has several advance curves to play with, the new generation can
be set fully to your own requirements using a lap top.
Kees Oudesluijs