Re: [Healeys] Which Webers are you using?

To: Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Which Webers are you using?
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:08:20 +1100
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Derek,
Usual strategy is you run an idle one size larger. Usually.
It's an experiment based on numerous, inter related variables.
I have webers with 2 drillings (45DCOE 13)
Depending on the exact model, You can end up with 2 - 5.  Different locations,
different sizes.
Oh. And for all those with SU's, contrary to popular opinion, you don't need
to adjust webers once they are set.....
;-)
Best.
Chris
PS. Probably Less adjustment on Webers than SU's
SU's are far more maintenance than  Lucas Points...

Sent from my iPhone

> On 19 Dec 2013, at 8:01 pm, Derek Job <derek.c.job@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting comment about masking the flat spot with fuel.
>
> What exactly did the guy do to achieve that masking? Was it running very
rich
> and were their any other negative side affects. I only have 3 holes on mine
> and no noticeable flat spot but my fuel consumption is nowhere near 24mph.
> wasn't at the rolling road when mine was set up as I couldn't make it at
the
> time. Some operators might not even bother looking for any flat spot and
just
> go straight to how it performs higher up the range.
>
> I plan to have my set up re-checked prior to next season and this time I'll
be
> there. Do yours have screw access to the progression circuit or did he have
> remove the brass caps and fe-fit new ones.
>
> Derek
>> On 18 Dec 2013, at 23:13, John Rowe <john@jtkarowe.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Simon
>> I am running 45DCOE 152's on my BT7 and after trying Redline, Webcon & DW
>> manifolds settled on the DW ones. The reason I went for them was because
of
>> availability at the time and due to someone's error, I got them at a good
>> price new. Tuning was a pain and after wasting $$$$$ on experts I found a
>> dyno operator who knew what he was doing. He had to drill the 4th
>> progression hole which made all the difference. Everyone else was masking
>> the flat spot with extra fuel with disastrous results in economy. For
> racing
>> I don't think you would worry about drilling the holes as you would be
>> running above that rev range
>> On a run to a southern rally a couple of years ago we got 24mpg (imperial
>> gallons) matching a stock BJ7 (both running 3.54 diff ratio).
>> I absolutely love them after the HD6 (thermo choke ones) and the HS8's I
>> tried (especially the sound)
>> Regards
>> John Rowe
>> Qld Australia