Re: [Healeys] Grant Clark racing Healey 3000 at Mosport in 1961

To: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Grant Clark racing Healey 3000 at Mosport in 1961
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 13:01:46 -0500
Cc: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Interestingly that same car was, many years ago, brought into my shop for
some tidy up work.
It was a very interesting car having all aluminium body panels and a bonnet
with no scoop. I understand that it was built by Austin of Canada for Grant
Clark to race.
My customer sold the car to a collector in the U.S. and I didn't hear
anything more about it until a couple of years back when I was contacted by
a well known local collector who wanted me to come and advise him on what
he should do with the ex Grant Clark Healey that he had recently purchased
from R & M Auctions for whom he worked.
I went to see the car and was sorry to see that it had been extensively
modified with all the latest competition modifications thus loosing most of
its historic value.
Fortunately all the removed parts had been retained and the current owner
who, many years previously had watched the same car race very successfully
at various venues, was entertaining the idea of restoring the 3000 to its
original competition condition.
Sadly the project never went ahead as he sold the car  and I have now lost
track of it again.

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
All wisdom is plagiarism; only stupidity is original.