Re: [Healeys] Non Healey content. SF to Vancouver via 101 advice request

To: healeys@autox.team.net s=q20121106; t=1388510630; bh=9AImYP0NQ5I6B5b4TmOJKkTNIL9/Bh2C6UqwcJFpEP8=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=O/mOc3vzRgNJszOcdgeaF2gJc2BlCz9o1heZVoGRljnqxxWap/vp7BLm9dcsphB2T VqFS1wjmboCtTd7SuyI8wc2TYH2d6Z3kLywiQrGMiApFu/+NhM8n2jOhFHH8b793gg a1Ij0jzOlpoqZtzFPp0StAj1tYUknAy1RMS5l3rM151v32acX8i6O6w5bxM2kc6bgV JopvuerPaxkzTKHVT8cMbK71wLGiXKCacenz2bVe3vgOVnWqRFOlf/kDllx+l0fpxD 6sVPwgcIzshnkGPxaiURUDr/xtMfgsa8WrIkLNvtaD3FyUhDRFuFRvCneQTkS5lhP8 CZdOAJ7QvASNA==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey content. SF to Vancouver via 101 advice requested
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:23:50 +0000 (UTC)
John Rowe wrote:
> We would like to drive from San Francisco to Vancouver via highway 101,

North of San Francisco, hug the coast as much as you can. Take CA-1 instead
of US-101; they meet again further north after CA-1 leaves the coasts and hits
Leggett.

Do take in the Avenue of the Giants -- a 31 mile drive through the giant red
woods -- just north of Garberville CA.  Take time to park the car and walk
among the trees at one of the many parking stops -- you will be awed.

I live on the east coast of the US (New Hampshire). I did this trip a year ago
on a rented motorcycle (Dubbelju out of San Francisco, if you are interested).
We stayed at the Eureka Inn, an old-time huge mansion of an inn; quaint, if
you are tired of hotel chains. It was the vacation of a lifetime. I have plans
to do it again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenue_of_the_Giants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_1
http://www.eurekainn.com/Pages/default.aspx